The Olympic Games Readathon
Updated: Jul 14, 2021
The Olympic Games is a readathon held in june and is hosted by booktuber Ishi Time. It is based on camp half-blood from the Percy Jackson series. I didn't have the best time with the first book in that series, but I thought that this would be a fun readathon to participate in not only because I love Greek mythology, but also because the host did a fantastic job in creating this.
For the readathon, you declare your god and then complete the mandatory and advanced challenges. I decided to declare Athena as she is my favourite Greek goddess.
Here are all the books I read to complete the challenges. To see my reviews of the books, click the linked title.
Read a book that is out of your comfort zone
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Read the longest book on your TBR
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas*
Read a book by your favourite author
- Origin by Dan Brown
Read a book with a bird on the cover
- An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
Read a book featuring a school
- A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin*
Sword and Shield- a book with a character you would not get along with
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince**
Capture the Flag- one of your most anticipated books
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
Monster Fighting- a book featuring magical creatures
- Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews
Pegasus Riding- a book published within the last 5 years
- Circe by Madeline Miller
* I ended up DNFing these books as I wasn't getting into them
** Did read but will not review as I do not support the author
For more information about the readathon, check out Ishi's announcement video!